- The agricultural sector in the Indian state of Karnataka required information to deliver timely and adequate irrigation.
- The information was needed at high granularity and at regular intervals, identifying water stress areas.
- IoT-based sensors only provide soil moisture data on a point scale while data supplied by drones was not economical.
- Xpertnest estimated soil moisture by combining multiple satellite data sources to improve granularity and provide data at regular intervals.
- Satellite-estimated soil moisture identified water stress areas at the desired scale, enabling stakeholders to make optimal decisions.
- The data enabled estimates of historical soil moisture data to predict likely crop yield.
- Reduced water consumption to improve sustainable use of water resources and energy.
- 20% improvement in crop productivity as a result of monitoring soil moisture.
- 80% saving in time spent field scouting.
- Reduced amount of farm inputs.