- A Spanish agricultural company wanted to be able to automatically detect grades for oranges using image processing to identify colour.
- The company needed unique hardware using a camera interface logic to run a sorting algorithm.
- The system needed to bring individual oranges into the frames of multiple cameras at the same time.
- Having graded each orange, the system would need to send the fruit to its respective container.
- Xpertnest developed a conveyer belt system to bring the oranges into frame.
- Designed and developed a processor to implement a sorting algorithm.
- The algorithm detected blemishes and differentiated between yellow and green skin.
- Enabled the possibility of future improvements with higher end processors, optimised algorithms, and a better camera module.
- Increased the accuracy and efficiency of orange sorting.
- Generated more revenue by delivering high quality fruit to the juice-making industry.
- The automation helped reducing manual labour costs.